Benefits to Recruiters
We provide representatives from public agencies, consulting
firms, nonprofit organizations and industry an opportunity to
interview top masters candidates with skills, training and experience
in environmental management, science and policy.
Each recruiter from your organization will receive resumes of
interested students and will conduct 9 half-hour informational
interview sessions with up to 3 students per session - that's
27 candidates in one day!
Our combined classes total approximately 450 students earning
graduate and professional degrees in natural resources and environmental
- Develop recruiting relationships with two
of the top environmental schools in the country for assistance
with hiring interns, new graduates or experienced alumni.
- Maximize your recruiting efforts, reduce travel
costs, and accelerate the hiring process.
- Market your organization's current and future
internship and employment opportunities.
- Interact directly with students from both schools
and collect their resumes. Showcase your organization and what
it has to offer!
- Gain a competitive recruiting advantage: See
who attended last year and keep updated on this year's fair,
- Tailor your organization's specific hiring needs
by targeting and interviewing:
- Graduating students and/or students
- International and/or US citizen students
Three options for interacting with students:
- Open schedules or Informational interviews (30 minutes with 2 or 3 students per session): Organizations are invited to interview a pool of candidates in small groups for specific positions, or to speak more generally in an informational interview format about the organization's work, practice areas, hiring procedures, anticipated project areas and workforce needs, desired qualifications and related topics. With this option, students sign up on a first-come basis.
- Information booths: Optional information
booths to supplement interview tables or as an alternative to
scheduled student interviews. (LIMITED SPACE FOR THIS OPTION).
- Pre-select interview schedules: A limited number of pre-select interview schedules are available to organizations interested in selecting candidates in advance of the fair to interview for specific job and/or internship opportunities. Employers will receive applications in advance, and must submit a list of chosen candidates to the DY14 Admin team within the time frame requested.
- Current employment/ internship opportunities are preferred
but not required for an organization's participation in the
Fair unless conducting pre-selected screening interviews.
- All employers will receive student resumes in advance of the
event. Additional students may sign up for informational interviews
the day of the event, if available space remains on schedules.
Resumes will be provided at that time.
- Lunch for employers will be provided.