On March 23-24, 2018, admitted students from around the world came to Durham for a busy, yet fun and informative, Admitted Students Visitation Weekend. There were many opportunities for attendees to learn more about our Master of Environmental Management (MEM) and Master of Forestry (MF) professional graduate degree programs, as well as life at the Nicholas School.
Admitted students enjoyed:
- Meeting their future classmates, from lively lunch conversations to receptions and social hours, to a campfire in Duke Forest
- Engaging with Nicholas School faculty, students, staff and alumni through panels covering various topics, student organization tabling, and more
- Touring our LEED platinum certified building and exploring the Duke campus, with guided tours to the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, Cameron Indoor Stadium, and the Brodhead Center on campus
- Hearing how our Career and Professional Development Center works with students to prepare them for their future careers (new this year was pop-up career coaching, which was a big hit!)
- Learning about options to finance their Nicholas education and hearing from recent graduates about how they funded their education and their transition to life after Nicholas
- Meeting faculty chairs to learn about each concentration's curriculum
- Discussing the energy implications of autonomous vehicles with Nicholas professors Lori Bennear and Tim Johnson
- Exploring Duke Forest on a Saturday morning guided tour of the Shepherd Nature Trail
Travel Reimbursement Form
The Nicholas School will provide travel reimbursement assistance to students who attended Admitted Students Visitation Weekend. View the 2018 Travel Reimbursement Instructions and Request Form for more details. Please note that a completed form--with all required documentation--must be submitted/postmarked by April 7, 2018.
Download the Admitted Students Visitation Weekend App
The Admitted Students Visitation Weekend mobile app may still be helpful event after the event! Among other things, you can view the presentations/handouts which were shared with attendees. Download the app on your iOS or Android device.
Join the Admitted Student Facebook Group
It's not too late to join the Admitted Student Facebook group. Use this group to meet your classmates, ask questions of current students and staff, and stay informed with happenings pertinent to admitted students.
If you were unable to visit for the Weekend, or if you did and have additional questions, please know we're always ready to help. Simply contact us at the following:
The Office of Student Services | Nicholas School of the Environment
308 Research Drive, Levine Science Research Center (LSRC),
Suite A101 Box 90330 | Durham, NC 27708-0330
firstname.lastname@example.org | p: 919-613-8070 | f: 919-613-8719
Email us to schedule a visit!
Campus Information and Local Area Information
• Campus Map
• Directions to the Nicholas School
• Duke Forest
• Welcome to Durham, North Carolina
• Durham Area Hotels
• Raleigh Durham International Airport
• City & Regional Transportation Options
• Visitors @ Duke