The 2019 Admitted Students Visitation Weekend webpage will be updated frequently. Please check back often!
On March 29-30, 2019, admitted students are invited to Durham for our Admitted Students Visitation Weekend. There will be many opportunities for attendees to learn more about our Master of Environmental Management (MEM) and Master of Forestry (MF) professional graduate degree programs, as well as life at the Nicholas School. If you'd like to come early, some of our student organizations will be hosting mixers on Thursday, March 28 as well!
Admitted students will enjoy:
- Meeting their future classmates, from lively lunch conversations to receptions and social hours, to a campfire in Duke Forest
- Engaging with Nicholas School faculty, students, staff and alumni through panels covering various topics, student organization tabling, and more
- Touring our LEED platinum certified building and exploring the Duke campus, with guided tours to locations including the Sarah P. Duke Gardens, Cameron Indoor Stadium, and the Brodhead Center
- Hearing how our Career and Professional Development Center works with students to prepare them for their future careers (pop-up career coaching is also offered both days)
- Learning about options to finance their Nicholas education and hearing from recent graduates about how they funded their education and their transition to life after Nicholas
- Meeting faculty chairs and students to learn about each concentration's curriculum
- Exploring Duke Forest on a Saturday morning guided tour of the Shepherd Nature Trail
Travel Reimbursement Form
The Nicholas School will provide travel reimbursement assistance to students who attend Admitted Students Visitation Weekend. View the 2019 Travel Reimbursement Instructions and Request Form for more details. Please note that a completed form--with all required documentation--must be submitted/postmarked by April 12, 2019.
Admitted Students Visitation Weekend App
Download the Admitted Students Visitation Weekend app on your iOS or Android device (link coming soon!). App features include: the ability to customize your schedule and add only the events you will be attending (event descriptions and speaker bios will be included); maps of Grainger Hall, Duke Campus, and Duke Forest; event updates via push notifications; and opportunities to share photos and provide session feedback.
Admitted Student Facebook Group
Join the 2019 Admitted Students Facebook group. Use this group to meet your classmates, ask questions of current students and staff, and stay informed of happenings pertinent to admitted students.
We are Green Event Certified!
We are committed to reducing energy and waste in the planning and execution of ASVW. Here's how you can help:
- Secure lodging near campus.
- Use public transportation and/or carpool.
- Use our recycle, trash, and compost bins located in Grainger Hall and Levine Science Research Center.
- Bring your own water bottle and/or coffee mug.
- Consider carbon credits to offset your travel.
If you are unable to visit for the Weekend, or if you have additional questions, please know we're always ready to help. Simply contact us at the following:
The Office of Enrollment Services (Student Services) | Nicholas School of the Environment
308 Research Drive, Levine Science Research Center (LSRC),
Suite A101 Box 90330 | Durham, NC 27708-0330
email@example.com | p: +1 (919) 613-8070
You can also schedule a visit to campus at another time.
The Nicholas School welcomes all admitted students to visit. Duke University encourages persons with disabilities to participate in its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Benjamin Spain at +1 (919) 684-1155 in advance of your participation or visit.
Have a look back at last year's event!
Campus Information and Local Area Information