The university’s Duke Forward comprehensive fundraising campaign officially ended on June 30, 2017. The Nicholas School raised more than $114.9 million over the seven years of the campaign — more than doubling the original goal of $55 million and showing university colleagues that the strength and generosity of the Nicholas School community are unrivaled!
The support for the Duke Forward campaign has helped to:
- Build Environment Hall, the new home for the Nicholas School, and the Pilkey Research Lab at our coastal Marine Lab campus.
- Create four new endowed professorships to attract and retain world-class faculty to the school.
- Establish three new endowed scholarships and fellowships for deserving students.
- Launch programs in Environmental Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Natural Resource Finance and more, to prepare our students for success in a wide range of fields.
- Secure 77 new planned gifts designating over $30.7 million that enable us to plan for the future with greater certainty.
- Catapult annual giving over the $1 million mark — for the first time ever — providing much-needed support for everything from financial aid to student enrichment to program development.
“The campaign, to the university, is as wind to the ocean. The campaign can create strong currents that can move the ideas and visions of the university forward.”
Ronie-Richelle Garcia-Johnson Professor of Earth and Ocean Sciences
To view the campaign's full impact report, click here.