Alumni-Student Mentorship Program
There is renewed energy across campus around creating alumni-student connections throughout the student experience at Duke.
The Alumni-Student Mentorship Program was developed by the Nicholas School Alumni Council Fellows to provide students with the ability to build professional skills and connect with alumni working in their field of interest. The program also aims to foster new relationships and re-connect alumni with Duke and the Nicholas School.
As mentees, students build professional skills, including:
- guidance on general or specific professional areas
- answers about being a working professional
- advice on early career development strategies
- guidance on navigating networking and organizational settings
As mentors, there are many benefits, including:
- creating a stronger connection to students and the school
- having access to innovative thinkers
- having the opportunity to strengthen leadership skills
- having the opportunity to make the difference in the life of a current NSOE student
Interested in participating in the Alumni-Student Mentorship program? Contact Glenda Lee, Director of Alumni Engagement and Programs, at email@example.com.