Home for the holidays
Home for the Holidays is a program offered by the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR) that seeks to bring together Nicholas School students and Nicholas School alumni over the academic winter break. As a part of the alumni engagement program Go·Grow·Give, Home for the Holidays provides students and alumni the opportunity to informally connect about the Nicholas School and the MEM/MF student experience.
How it works
Each fall, the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR) pairs student participants with an alum who lives in their hometown or wherever they will be for their holiday break. The alumni-student pairs then arrange a meet-up at a location and time of their choosing during the holiday break to engage in casual conversation with the goal of strengthening Nicholas School community connections.
- discover new ways to get involved with the Nicholas School.
- hear first-hand experiences of what student life is currently like.
- learn about new school initiatives, programs and announcements.
- have the opportunity to help the student network and offer career advice.
- gain perspective from an alum who has already completed the Nicholas School student experience.
- strengthen their personal and professional network.
- give back to those that came before them by providing valuable updates on the school.
How to participate
Alumni can express their interest in program participation at any time by completing the alumni volunteer interest survey and choosing Home for the Holidays as a program in which they would like to participate. Each fall, the Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR) contacts these alumni to confirm their interest before providing next steps.
Student recruitment for the program begins in late October or early November; students should receive an email which will inquire about their interest in the program and list the locations of alumni participating in the program. Interested students must:
- fill out the necessary form found in the email.
- have an updated LinkedIn profile containing their Nicholas School information.
- have activated their profile on the DAA alumni network.
Questions? Contact Glenda Lee, Director of Alumni Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.