Get Advice & Build Your Skills
We are experts in helping you find—and land—the opportunity that’s right for you. Tap into our many student services to plan your career and prepare yourself for a successful job search.
We have collected a wealth of resources to help you plan your career. Find videos, worksheets, best practices, and fact sheets on everything from finding the perfect opportunity to interviewing and negotiating your salary. To access these materials, log in to Duke Environment Career Link and click on "CPDC Resources."
Career and Professional Development Center staff members are available for one-on-one consultations to help you envision your future and map how you’ll get there. Schedule an appointment or stop by to discuss these topics:
- Intro to Career Center Resources
- Discussing Salary and Negotiations
- Employer Correspondence Content Critiques (emails, cover letters, resumes)
- Employer Outreach
- Environmental Conference Preparation
- Grant Writing and Funding Sources
- Informational Interviews
- Internship/Job Search Strategies
- Professional Relationship Building/Networking
- Promoting Your Strengths
- Social Media and Real Life: Networking Tactics
We hold numerous networking opportunities, workshops, and recruiting events throughout the year to help you build your skills and connections to successfully secure a job or internship. Find upcoming events:
Watch for these popular events:
- Alumni Career Conversations
- LinkedIn Best Practices
- Student Resources: CareerShift, CareerLink, CareerWise Newsletter
- Remote and Face-to-Face Interview Strategies
- Make the Most of Your Summer Internship
- Resumes and Cover Letters for Environmental Professionals
- StrengthsFinder: What Can You Contribute?
- 10 Steps to Landing a Federal Job
- Alumni Practice Interviews
- Rising TIDE: Inclusion and Diversity Training for Emerging Environmental Leaders
- Summer Internship Series: Graduating Students Advice and Reflections
- Stanback Internship Interview Day
- Salary Negotiation and Managing Multiple Offers
- Transition from Student to Professional
During the school year, our weekly e-newsletter keeps you up to date on the latest opportunities, deadlines, and Career Center events. We also include handy tips on networking, interviewing, and other career-building skills.