We work directly with employers to locate the latest job and internship opportunities. We hope these resources will help you find the perfect match!
Internships are an integral part of the Nicholas School educational experience and your professional development. Each summer, about 95% of our students engage in internships or summer research projects around the world, providing valuable opportunities to gain career-related experience and build a professional network.
- See internship success stories
- Read the Internship Blog
- Find hundreds of internship postings on Duke Environment Career Link (login required)
- Find internship resources on Sakai (Duke NetID required)
- Find tips and highlighted opportunities in our CareerWise Newsletter
- Nicholas School internship funding sources
There are many ways to build relationships with potential employers or engage in on-campus jobs and leadership opportunities during your time at the Nicholas School.
- Career Treks: allows small groups of students to travel to companies and organizations to learn from practicing professionals and gain insights into potential careers.
- Client-Based Courses & Master’s Projects: tackle real-world problems by serving as a student consultant through a client-based course or master’s project.
- Employer Engagement & Recruiting Events: meet employers face-to-face through networking events and career fairs held throughout the year.
- DukeList (Duke NetID required): find on-campus job, leadership, or volunteer opportunities.
The vast majority of our graduates enter full-time, permanent positions that are closely related to their degree. Some opt to build on their educational experience with post-graduation fellowship opportunities or additional advanced degrees. See our graduates’ employment statistics and success stories .