- Plikunas S, BR Pearson, J Monast, A Vengosh, RB Jackson. 2011. Considering shale gas extraction in North Carolina: lessons from other states. Duke Environmental Law and Policy Forum, in press.
- Michalak AM, RB Jackson, G Marland, CL Sabine, and the Carbon Cycle Science Working Group. 2011. A U.S. Carbon Cycle Science Plan, U.S. Carbon Cycle Science Program, Washington, DC.
- Jackson RB, Osborn SG, A Vengosh, NR Warner. 2011. Reply to Davies: Hydraulic fracturing remains a possible mechanism for observed methane contamination of drinking water. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A. 108: E872; doi:10.1073/pnas.1113768108 .
- Osborn SG, A Vengosh, NR Warner, RB Jackson. 2011. Reply to Saba and Orzechowski and Schon: Methane contamination of drinking water accompanying gas-well drilling and hydraulic fracturing. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A. 108: E665-E666; doi:10.1073/pnas.1109270108.
- Chandel MK, LF Pratson, RB Jackson. 2011. The potential impacts of climate-change policy on freshwater use in thermoelectric power generation. Energy Policy, doi:10.1016/j.enpol.2011.07.022.
- Osborn, SG, A Vengosh, NR Warner, RB Jackson. 2011. Methane contamination of drinking water accompanying gas-well drilling and hydraulic fracturing. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A. 108:8172-8176, doi:10.1073/pnas.1100682108.
- Yang C-J, RB Jackson. 2011. Opportunities and barriers to pumped-hydro energy storage in the United States. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15: 839–844, doi:10.1016/j.rser.2010.09.020.
- Little, MG, RB Jackson. 2011. Response to comment on “Potential impacts of leakage from deep CO2 geosequestration on overlying freshwater aquifers”. Environmental Science and Technology 35: 3175-3176, dx.doi.org/10.1021/es200421f.
- Chandel MK, LF Pratson, RB Jackson. 2011. The potential impacts of climate-change policy on freshwater use in thermoelectric power generation. Energy Policy, in revision.
- McKinley DC, MG Ryan, RA Birdsey, CP Giardina, ME Harmon, LS Heath, RA Houghton, RB Jackson, JF Morrison, BC Murray, DE Pataki, KE Skog. 2011. A synthesis of current knowledge on forests and carbon storage in the United States. Ecological Applications, in press, dx.doi.org/10.1890/10-0697.1.
- Jackson RB, JS Baker. 2010. Opportunities and constraints for forest climate mitigation. BioScience 60: 698-707, doi:10.1525/bio.2010.60.9.7.
- Jackson RB, J Salzman. 2010. Pursuing geoengineering for atmospheric restoration. Issues in Science and Technology 26(4): 67-76.
- Little MG, RB Jackson. 2010. Potential impacts of leakage from deep CO2 geosequestration on overlying freshwater aquifers. Environmental Science and Technology 44: 9225–9232, doi:10.1021/es102235w.
- Eccles, JK, L Pratson, RG Newell, RB Jackson. 2009. Physical and economic potential of geological CO2 storage in saline aquifers. Environmental Science and Technology 43, 1962-1969, doi:10.1021/es801572e.
- Galik, CS, R Abt, Y Wu. 2009. Forest biomass supply in the southeastern United States—implications for industrial roundwood and bioenergy production. Journal of Forestry 107: 69-77.
- Galik, CS, RB Jackson. 2009. Risks to forest carbon offset projects in a changing climate. Forest Ecology and Management 257: 2209–2216.
- Galik, CS, ML Mobley, and DD Richter. 2009. A virtual “field test” of forest management carbon offset protocols: the influence of accounting. Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, doi: 10.1007/s11027-009-9190-9.
Working Papers and Policy Briefs
- Research and policy recommendations for hydraulic fracturing and shale-gas extraction by Robert B. Jackson, Brooks Rainey Pearson, Stephen G. Osborn, Nathaniel R. Warner, and Avner Vengosh, May 2011
- Electrical transmission: Barriers and policy solutions by Chi-Jen Yang, August 2009
- Transaction costs and forest management carbon offset potential by Christopher S. Galik, Justin S. Baker, and Joseph L. Grinnell, July 2009
- Residential Energy Efficiency and the American Clean Energy and Security Act HR 2454 by
David Hoppock and Jonas Monast, July 2009
- Policy Options for the Conservation Reserve Program in a Low-Carbon Economy by
Justin S. Baker and Christopher S. Galik, June 2009
- The Influence of Technology and a Carbon Cap on Natural Gas Markets by Dave Hoppock, Patrick Bean, and Eric Williams, March 2009
- U.S. Carbon Market Design: Regulating Emission Allowances as Financial Instruments by
Jonas Monast, Jon Anda, and Tim Profeta, February 2009
- Synthetic Natural Gas (SNG): Technology, Environmental Implications, and Economics by Munish Chandel and Eric Williams, January 2009
- Energy storage for low-carbon electricity by Chi-Jen Yang and Eric Williams, January 2009
- From carbon capture to storage: Designing an effective regulatory structure for CO2 pipelines by Jonas Monast, December 2008
- Wind power: Barriers and policy solutions by Chi-Jen Yang, Eric Williams, and Jonas Monast, November 2008
- Plug-in and regular hybrids:
A national and regional comparison of costs and CO2 emissions by Eric Williams, November 2008
- Transforming Utility and Ratepayer Support for Electrical Energy Efficiency Nationwide by David Hoppock, Jonas Monast, and Eric Williams, November 2008
- A Critical Comparison and Virtual "Field Test" of Forest Management Carbon Offset Protocols by Christopher S. Galik, Daniel deB. Richter, Megan L. Mobley, Lydia P. Olander, Brian C. Murray, October 2008
- Integrating State, Regional and Federal Greenhouse Gas Markets: Options and Tradeoffs by Jonas Monast, Aug. 6, 2008
- Greenhouse Gas Allowance Allocation: Cost Pass-Through, Sector Differentiation and Economic Implications by Eric Williams, Feb. 26, 2008
- Harnessing Farms and Forests: Domestic Greenhouse Gas Offsets for a Federal Cap and Trade Policy: FAQs
- Convenient Guide for Climate Change Policy and Technology by Eric Williams, Rich Lotstein, Christopher Galik, and Hallie Knuffman, July 2007
- Carbon Capture, Pipeline and Storage: A Viable Option for North Carolina Utilities? by Eric Williams, Nora Greenglass, and Rebecca Ryals, March 8, 2007