Duke is uniting the university's education, research, operations and public service missions to engage our entire community in the relentless pursuit of climate change solutions.
Hear more from members of the Duke community already engaged in this important work and find out how you can get involved.
PRESIDENTIAL REMARKS: DUKE’S SHARED CLIMATE VISION
- Vincent E. Price, Ph.D., President, Duke University
PANEL DISCUSSION: DUKE GRADUATES MAKING A DIFFERENCE
- Moderator: Brian Murray, Ph.D. ’92, Interim Director, Nicholas Institute for Energy, Environment & Sustainability
- Donnel Baird ’03, Founder, BlocPower
- Alison Taylor ’84, Chief Sustainability Officer, Archer Daniels Midland
- Claire Wang ’19, International Climate Policy Expert
PANEL DISCUSSION: NEXT GENERATION CLIMATE LEADERS
- Moderator: Toddi Steelman, Ph.D. ’96, Stanback Dean, Nicholas School of the Environment (NSOE)
- Benjamin “Benji” Backer, Founder & President, American Conservation Coalition
- Cameron Oglesby ’21, Environmental Justice Storyteller, Journalist and Activist, Public Voices Climate Crisis Fellow, Memorial Foundation Social Justice Fellow, Master of Public Policy student, Sanford School of Public Policy
- Marinel Sumook Ubaldo, Climate Justice Activist, International Youth Engagements Advisor, Living Laudato Si’ Philippines, Master of Environmental Management student, NSOE
PRESENTATION: BUILDING CLIMATE AND SUSTAINABILITY FLUENCY ACROSS CAMPUS
- Norman Wirzba, Ph.D., Gilbert T. Rowe Distinguished Professor of Christian Theology, Duke Divinity School'
KEYNOTE FIRESIDE CHAT
- Judy Woodruff ’68, Hon. ’98, Duke Trustee Emerita, Anchor & Managing Editor, PBS NewsHour, in conversation with
- Carmichael Roberts, Jr. ’90, Ph.D. ’95, Vice Chair, Duke University Board of Trustees, Business Lead, Investment Committee, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, Founder & Managing Partner, Material Impact
Please note, this event is ticketed. Tickets are available for free through Duke Box Office and must be reserved by 12:00 p.m. noon on Thursday, September 29.
Duke students, faculty, staff and community members, please reserve your tickets above.
Duke alumni, please register for this event as part of your Homecoming registration.