The Nicholas School Annual Fund
Annual Fund support is the lifeblood of the Nicholas School of the Environment. Gifts to the Annual Fund help provide:
- The latest educational technology and tools to help our world-class faculty provide the best educational experience possible
- Financial aid to help us continue to attract the best and brightest students to Duke and prepare them for environmental leadership
- Field trips and internships to give our students real-world experience tackling environmental issues around the world
- Course and curriculum development to ensure that our educational programs remain at the leading edge of knowledge and practice
- Career services and support for current students and alumni at all stages of their professional lives
If you share our passion for the environment and our commitment to building a more sustainable future, a gift to the Nicholas School Annual Fund is the perfect place to start.
Why is the Annual Fund important?
Quite simply: Annual Fund support helps make everything that happens at the Nicholas School possible. By bringing together gifts of all sizes from alumni, friends, faculty and staff, the Nicholas School Annual Fund exponentially increases the power of each individual to make a meaningful difference – and enables the School to achieve much more than would otherwise be possible.
We welcome, and appreciate, gifts of all sizes to the Nicholas School Annual Fund. Click here to learn how gifts at each level make an impact.
A big part of the value of the Annual Fund is that it provides a pool of support that can be applied immediately toward the daily needs of our programs. By its very nature, this pool must be continually replenished to ensure that the School has a steady stream of resources to maintain our commitment to excellence. For this reason, consistent giving is the cornerstone of the Annual Fund’s success. When you renew your support for the Nicholas School on an annual basis, your loyalty helps ensure our success, year in and year out.
The Nicholas School recognizes leadership annual support at two levels – Blue Sky and Blue Sky - Vanguard – to recognize contributors who choose to take their annual giving commitments to new heights. Individuals who give at either the Blue Sky level ($10,000+) or the Blue Sky - Vanguard level ($25,000+) are eligible for special recognition and invitations to exclusive events.