Clubhouse Supplies and Holiday Gift Drive For Boys & Girls Club of the Coastal Plain
The Durham Campus of the Nicholas School of the Environment and the Duke Marine Lab in Beaufort are collecting clubhouse supplies to replenish what was lost in Hurricane Florence and holiday gifts for the kids of the Boys & Girls Clubs in Beaufort and Morehead City.
How you can help:
- Drop-off Clubhouse supplies or toys in Durham or Beaufort (Tax receipts cannot be issued for these donations.)
- We are collecting new and gently used clubhouse supplies (see list below.)
- Unwrapped and new holiday toys or gifts for kids 5 years old to teenagers. ($10-20 Range)
- Durham - Drop off in Grainger Hall (formerly Environment Hall) 2nd floor or Hug Commons in LSRC.
- Beaufort – Repass Commons
(Tax receipts will be issued by Boys & Girls Club of Coastal Plain)
Why: Boys & Girls clubhouses in Beaufort and Morehead City lost EVERYTHING in Hurricane Florence. Their clubhouses were destroyed by wind, water and mold. They lost their libraries, games, school supplies and athletic equipment… EVERYTHING!
They are operating in interim locations. The Duke University Marine Lab faculty, students and staff work closely with these clubs, running programs, helping with homework, mentoring students, and more.
These Boys & Girls clubs, and the families they serve, are part of the DUML community and need support!
School Supplies/Arts & Crafts:
- Washable tempura paint, markers, colored pencils, watercolors, paint brushes, crayons, pencils, copy paper, construction paper, card stock colored paper, dry erase markers, sharpies, glue, glue gun and sticks, sidewalk chalk, tape (all kinds), pens, sticky pads, highlighters, clipboards, scissors, staples, staplers, re-useable paint bottles, paint trays, etc.
- Chess, checkers, UNO, Jenga (large and small), Pictionary, Settlers of Catan, Carcassone, Apples to Apples, Dungeon and Dragons books and dice, connect Four, Quick Cups, Mancala bead games, Dr. Eureka, Slap Z , Spot It, Codenames Jr, Qwirkle, Dominoes, Sleeping Queens card game, Hiss card game, Bananagrams, Puzzles (from wooden to 300 piece), Lite Brite, Spirograph, Math operations flashcards, Rock Me Archimedes, Goblet game, Key Education games, bingo games, Scrabble Jr, Monopoly Jr., Trouble, Simon game, Candy Land, Hungry Hippos, LEGO building blocks (bins), LEGO baseplates, LEGO figurines, Rubik’s cube, Books with puzzles and games worksheets, etc.
- Flag football sets, footballs, nerf balls, foam balls, basketballs, soccer balls, playground balls, ball locker (portable), etc.
- Ping pong tables, pool tables, foosball tables, air hockey tables (7ft), activity rugs, pop-a-shot indoor basketball, Rubbermaid totes for storage, collapsible hand trolley, carpet ball table, pencil sharpener, portable file box and file folders, etc.
- Any and all books from K-12. Hard back, early readers, children books and young adult.
- Laptop computers, Smart TV for conferencing, small projector, connection cables
We will not be accepting donations of food or clothing.