Undergraduate Student Programs
The Duke Marine Lab offers undergraduate residential courses in fall and spring semesters and in two summer terms. Courses are taught by world-renowned faculty from Duke University and other universities and research institutions. Small class sizes and an island setting facilitate rewarding student-faculty interactions. Enrollment is open to all Duke and qualified non-Duke students. Enrolled undergradautes reside on Pivers Island together. Enrollment information is available here >.
The Duke Marine Lab has formal agreements with 37 undergraduate institutions that are members of the Marine Science Education Consortium (MSEC). Students at MSEC schools should consult with their on-campus MSEC representative about studying at the Duke Marine Lab.
- NEW! B.S. Environmental Sciences, Marine Science and Conservation Concentration
- NEW! A.B. Environmental Science and Policy, Marine Science and Conservation Concentration
- Biology Major, Marine Biology concentration
- Marine Science and Conservation Leadership Certificate
- NEW! Rachel Carson Scholars Program at Duke University
- Student Perspectives: Marine Lab Ambassadors
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Information for Incoming Students (pdf)
- Life on the Island (pdf)