Driving a Duke Vehicle
Requirements to Drive a Duke or Rental Vehicle:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have at least 3 years of driving experience & a driving background check if operating vehicles for the specific purpose of transporting passengers.
Anyone driving a Duke vehicle or rental for Duke business (field trip, research, etc.) is required to take the first 2 courses:
- Vehicle Safety Policy Training
Good for 3years
Accessed at: https://vmw-oesoapps.duhs.duke.edu/OnlineTraining/VS100W/
- DefensiveDriving Course (DDC) Training
One time requirement
Hosted through an external vendor, $30 fee
You’ll receive an e-mail on how to logon..
You’ll receive a certificate of completion once done. Please send Beatriz Martin the certificate.
- Behind the Wheel Training (only if you’ll be driving 10 or more passengers)
Driver must be at least 21years old.
One time requirement.
Next class is on 9/13! If you miss it, the next one will be in December!
- Fill out a short questionnaire at: https://duke.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4ZKQXNhe0K1l9Hv
- Beatriz Martin will get back to you.
- Read the Duke University Vehicle Safety Policy http://www.safety.duke.edu/sites/default/files/II_6VehicleSafety.pdf