Graduates of the Coastal Environmental Management program follow a diverse array of career paths. One thing is for sure—CEM graduates are all over the place! Many of our graduates work in government or state agencies or the nonprofit sector. Others pursue a PhD or work in policy, GIS or science education.
The Nicholas School’s dedicated Career & Professional Development Center has three full-time staff members to help our graduates achieve their career goals.
WHERE ARE THEY NOW?
Here are just a few of the employers who have hired our alumni.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Department of Natural Resources
- Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council
- The Ocean Conservancy
- National Marine Fisheries Service
- Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center