Business and Environment Club (BEC)
The Nicholas School’s Business and Environment Club (BEC) welcomes you!
BEC’s mission is to connect graduate students to environmental management and sustainability programs within private small-scale and large-scale enterprises throughout the country. We are committed to becoming the premier professional organization for graduate students with business interests in the environment and sustainability. Through speaker and networking events, our “Business Bootcamp” series, and club trips we aim to increase the Nicholas School’s presence in the realm of corporate sustainability and better prepare students for these careers.
Events for the upcoming year include:
- Club trip to the Net Impact conference in Seattle
- Business Bootcamp series: professional development workshops to better prepare members for a career in corporate sustainability
- Corporate Connection: key industry players are invited to lead seminars based on BEC members’ interests
- Career Trek: Multi-day trip in out of town location to visit businesses of interest
- Networking events: mixers with Nicholas School and other graduate school organizations at Duke
Stay tuned for more information on upcoming trips and workshops through our newsletter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our listserv.
Co-Presidents: Ted Herman and Lynn Xia
Communications Chair: Matt Halperin
Speaker Series Coordinator: Alaurah Moss
Treasurer: Max Christman
Secretary: Tianyu (Sapphire) Wong