Diverse & Inclusive Community for the Environment (DICE)
Our mission is threefold:
- We want to foster a welcoming community within the Nicholas School so that members of disenfranchised groups/communities will feel that they belong here. This means bridging gaps between peoples of various identities by both acknowledging our differences and also learning to recognize shared interests and experiences.
- We seek to empower members of disenfranchised groups/communities to join the Nicholas School community. This means working with the Nicholas School administration and staff to increase the recruitment rates for students of different races, cultures, gender & sexual identities, levels of ability/disability, socioeconomic classes, countries of origin, religions, ethnicities, etc.
- Facilitate and encourage deeper discussion through readings, current events, movie screenings, weekly meetings, etc.
- President: Taylor Price
- Vice President: Rajah Saparapa
- Treasurer: Celeste Whitman
- Secretary: Laura Bader