The MEM/MBA Club is the home for concurrent MEM/MBA students and provides the key link between the Nicholas School and Fuqua School of Business. The Club’s mission is to:
- To support students’ academic transition between two graduate programs, facilitate social cohesion, and encourage professional development through Duke’s unique hybrid education.
- To connect past, present, and future students who are committed to bridging the gap between traditional business management and environmental/social issues.
- To foster the internal and external MEM/MBA community;
- To grow the MEM/MBA program within Duke and externally through increased visibility and outreach to the Nicholas School of the Environment, The Fuqua School of Business, and the UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School, while actively working with school administrations to streamline MEM/MBA academics and administrative processes;
- To meet these objectives, the MEM/MBA Club brings students together across all three classes and all three schools through career and academic events.
We have been growing the Club’s focus on professional and social networking events. This year there will be an increased focus on sharing student member experience with the larger NSOE community.
2017-2018 Student Leaders
Co-Presidents: Jenna Weiner and Keith Glassbrook
Mentorship Chair: Liz Anderson
Prospective Student Chairs: Devon Bonney and Mike Denoia
Alumni Chair: Emilia Hull
Treasurer: Eric Smith
Communications: TBD - will be a first year
Social Chairs: Carrie Bales and Lorena Vazquez
Kenan-Flagler liaison: Dexter Liu
Faculty Advisor: Dan Vermeer
Staff Advisor: Katie Kross