Business Development Intern- Plum Creek Timber Company, Athens, GA
I will be working with the Business Development Group at PLC to improve their Timber Valuations Model. Summer 2015.
Rayonier Forest Resources Fernandina Beach, FL United States
Acquisitions Intern May 2014 – August 2014
• Completed initial valuations of potential timberland acquisitions.
• Used proprietary DCF models to estimate value of potential acquisitions properties.
• Conducted research on NIPF landowners within target acquisition areas.
• Drafted executive summaries about competing TIMOs’ business strategies and transaction histories.
Duke Forest Durham, NC United States
Forest Management Assistant Sep 2013 – May 2014
• Used ArcMap and Microsoft Access to create comprehensive stand history database.
• Assisted forest manager by cruising and marking timber and marking stand boundaries and stream management zones.
The Forestland Group Chapel Hill, NC United States
Forest Management Intern May 2013 – Jun 2013
• Established over 100 continuous forest inventory plots throughout properties in Arkansas and North Carolina.
• Assisted consulting foresters by cruising timber, marking timber and harvest boundaries, and holding pre-harvest conferences.
Warren Wilson College Swannanoa, NC United States
Forestry Crew Member Aug 2011 – May 2013
• Used GIS to make a new campus trail map and create a database of forest management activity.
• Operated sawmill, applied herbicide, participated in prescribed burns, completed trail work, and marked timber within the campus forest.
<li class="p1">ArcGIS Suite and Garmin and Trimble GPS systems</li>
<li class="p1">Statistical analysis with R, Matlab, Mathematica, and SPSS</li>
<li class="p1">Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint</li>
<li class="p1">Variable radius and fixed radius field sampling.</li>
<li class="p1">Tree and plant identification</li>