The policies and guidelines listed below are intended for graduate students in the MEM, MF and DEL-MEM master's degree programs at the Nicholas School of the Environment. To browse this information by topic, visit the Master's Advising Guide.
For School policies intended for faculty and staff, please visit the Nicholas Intranet.
- Owner:Student ServicesThe Social Science Research Institute (SSRI) offers a Connection Bar, or help desk.
- Owner:Student ServicesThe completed work plan for your Master's Project should contain three parts: (1) scope of work, (2) timeline, and (3) team charter.
- Owner:Career & Professional Development CenterThis fund provides limited financial support to help our MEM, MF, and DEL-MEM students attend professional conferences relevant to their career interests.
- Owner:Student ServicesAs of July 2017, Nicholas School Executive Education (NSEE) short courses are offered only as non-credit offerings; participants who successfully complete classes receive a Letter of Completion or Certificate of Completion.
- Owner:Dean's OfficeThe honor code observed in the Nicholas School of the Environment (the “Nicholas School”) follows the principles set out in the Duke Community Standard. Its procedures draw on those developed by the Duke undergraduate judicial system.
- Owner:Student ServicesThe Nicholas School of the Environment's Non-Disclosure Agreement Guidelines.
- Owner:Student ServicesStudents who plan to matriculate in the fall should provide notification of enrollment in their prerequisite coursework no later than May 15.
- Owner:Student ServicesStudents wishing to take a graded course on the pass/fail grading basis must discuss their interest with the instructor. If the instructor agrees, the student must submit a Pass/Fail Request Form.
- Owner:Student ServicesFor courses requiring instructor consent to enroll, the student must obtain a permission number from the instructor.
- Owner:Student ServicesIf you are currently taking or plan to take a course to fulfill a prerequisite, please provide information about the course via the Prerequisite Enrollment Notification Form.