The policies and guidelines listed below are intended for graduate students in the MEM, MF and DEL-MEM master's degree programs at the Nicholas School of the Environment. To browse this information by topic, visit the Master's Advising Guide.
For School policies intended for faculty and staff, please visit the Nicholas Intranet.
- Owner:Student ServicesThe Statistical Consulting Center in the Department of Statistical Science offers consulting help for Nicholas School students and faculty with statistical design and analysis for research projects.
- Owner:Career & Professional Development CenterAssist MEM/MF/DEL students to take advantage of extraordinary academic, career or skill enhancement opportunities and to offset a portion of the costs
- Owner:Student ServicesOptions at Duke University At Duke University, students have many options when it comes to shopping for textbooks. For new and used textbooks, order in person or online at the Bryan Center campus store. For rentals, eBooks, and marketplace, visit Duke's Online Bookstore, powered by TextbookX. Which textbook is right for you? New and Used: Prefer a traditional textbook? Purchase new or save money with used, when available. Rental: Rental is the right choice for you if you want to save up front but don't want to keep your book once classes end. Don't forget to return it at the end of the
- Owner:Student ServicesIt is not possible to enroll in courses with conflicting meeting patterns, even if the overlap is only one minute, one day per week.
- Owner:Student ServicesFor application review purposes, official and unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Official transcripts are preferred but unofficial transcripts may be submitted at the time of application. If admitted, official transcripts will be required prior to matriculation.
- Owner:Student ServicesThe tuition and financial aid impact of pursuing concurrent degrees varies depending on the School where the additional degree program is pursued.
- Owner:Student ServicesPolicy on taking undergraduate-level courses at Duke as a graduate student.
- Owner:Student ServicesIf a class is full, the DukeHub will construct a list of students requesting enrollment in the order in which attempts to enroll in the course are logged. The waitlisted course will count towards the total course registration limit. Students can waitlist a class that conflicts with another enrolled class, however enrollment in the waitlisted course will not occur until the time conflict is resolved. All waitlists with the exception of graduate courses at Fuqua, Law, NSOE and Pratt will be erased at the end of the first week of classes. During the second week of classes, all undergraduate
- Owner:Student ServicesIf you believe you have already taken a course that covers the material in a course that is required for your program, take your documentation to the instructor of the required course.
- Owner:Student ServicesThe proposal and final report must be of professional quality in their finished form.