The policies and guidelines listed below are intended for graduate students in the MEM, MF and DEL-MEM master's degree programs at the Nicholas School of the Environment. To browse this information by topic, visit the Master's Advising Guide.
For School policies intended for faculty and staff, please visit the Nicholas Intranet.
- Owner:Student ServicesNew MEM and MF students will take diagnostic tests in calculus and statistics in order to assess readiness for graduate courses requiring these subjects at Duke. Diagnostic exams are administered during the summer prior to matriculating or during orientation.
- Owner:Student ServicesThe Nicholas School uses a tiered registration process to assure that all students have equal access to classes.
- Owner:Student ServicesPolicy and form for F-1 students to request Curricular Practical Training (CPT) through the Nicholas School.
- Owner:Student ServicesNSOE uses a tiered registration process to assure that all students have equal access to classes. Course registration occurs in the DukeHub.
- Owner:Student ServicesLetter grades will be the default grading option for MEM and MF students for fall semester 2020. Students may opt into a Pass-Fall (P/F) grade on a course-by-course basis per this limited-time policy.
- Owner:Student ServicesIn order to be considered a full-time student you must be enrolled for at least 9 credit hours per semester. DEL-MEM students must be enrolled for at least 6 credit hours per semester.
- Owner:Student ServicesAll professional degree students at the Nicholas School of the Environment have the opportunity to pursue independent study with individual faculty members.
- Owner:Student ServicesRegistration for courses at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University and North Carolina Central University cannot be done through DukeHub.
- Owner:Career & Professional Development CenterThe Nicholas School is pleased to be able to provide limited financial support (seed funding) to help our MEM, MF, and DEL-MEM students support their international summer internship or research projects.
- Owner:Career & Professional Development CenterThis fund provides limited financial support to help our MEM, MF, and DEL-MEM students attend professional conferences relevant to their career interests.