Online (DEL-MEM) Leadership Advantage
Can leadership be taught? We believe that leadership is cultivated by each individual and requires time and effort; it is a process. Integrated into the DEL-MEM program, opportunities are provided to develop your leadership capacity in environmental management. Participation in the DEL-MEM program will put you one step closer in your leadership pursuit by providing you with opportunities to:
- Enhance your understanding of the meaning of leadership
- Assess your leadership capabilities and leverage your strengths
- Gain practical leadership skills, including critical and creative thinking, communication, collaboration, and conflict resolution, and the ability to apply them
- Better understand “followership” and how to cultivate it
- Identify and align your own beliefs and values with the process
- Create a personal leadership development plan, set goals and evaluate your progress
- Reflect on and resolve leadership challenges in your organization or agency
- Learn from prominent leaders through a dedicated leadership module in D.C.
- Emerge with a renewed vision of yourself as a leader
In addition to threading leadership into the course curriculum, the DEL-MEM program explores leadership in a variety of ways, including:
- Discussions and exercises during face-to-face sessions,
- Web-conference meetings with our Leadership Advisor, Maria Kingery
- Select readings, and
- A "one-of-a-kind" leadership immersion experience in Washington, DC.