The Summit Society
The need for Environmental Leadership has never been greater. Finding the path forward can be complex and requires leaders who are willing to take risks and apply their skills and knowledge to lead us to solutions that address the world’s most pressing environmental issues. The Summit Society is a community of alumni and friends who support the School’s mission in a shared vision to surpass the challenges that stand before us today and summit the challenges on the horizon. While gifts of every size advance the Nicholas School’s efforts, The Summit Society recognizes those who go the extra mile to make an investment in tomorrow’s leaders.
Your investment to the Nicholas School through The Summit Society provides flexible funds that go to work right away to help our students receive the best educational experience possible. For example, you support enables us to….
- Attract and offer financial aid to students who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend the Nicholas School
- Provide a wide range of experiential and hand’s-on learning opportunities for our students to apply their knowledge and expertise to real-world challenges
- Reduce our graduates’ debt load so they can follow their passions into high-impact careers
- Fund student and faculty research that informs policy and practice, locally and globally
- Maintain the highest standards of excellence across our programs by attracting and retaining faculty who are leaders in their field of work
Qualification for Membership
The Summit Society recognizes alumni and friends who make annual cumulative gifts1 of $1,000 and above during the University’s fiscal year, which runs July 1 through June 30. Gifts can be directed to any Nicholas School area you wish to support, such as Financial Aid or the Annual Fund*.
1Members can make an outright gift of $1000, or choose to set up a monthly deduction plan for $84+/month.
*Gifts to establish new endowments or planned gifts, or additional gifts to existing funds are excluded at this time. Gifts must be attributed to an individual e.g. donation made via a family foundation.
Become a Member
By investing in the Nicholas School at the Summit Society level, you will make a significant impact on the school’s capacity to produce and support environmental leaders of consequence. As a member, you will receive annual updates on the impact of your philanthropy and recognition on the donor wall located in thelobby of Grainger Hall.