Options at Duke University
At Duke University, students have many options when it comes to shopping for textbooks.
For new and used textbooks, order in person or online at the Bryan Center campus store. For rentals, eBooks, and marketplace, visit Duke's Online Bookstore, powered by TextbookX.
Which textbook is right for you?
- New and Used: Prefer a traditional textbook? Purchase new or save money with used, when available.
- Rental: Rental is the right choice for you if you want to save up front but don't want to keep your book once classes end. Don't forget to return it at the end of the semester!
- eBooks: eBooks combine traditional content with easy-to-use online navigational tools to create a more productive way of reading, learning and interacting. On top of instant delivery, students who purchase an eBook can save an average of 70% off retail price.
- Marketplace: The Peer-to-Peer Marketplace is convenient for connecting buyers with textbook sellers in a secure online environment. The Marketplace provides you an opportunity to save money on the cost of your textbooks, depending on market pricing and availability. Students who buy Marketplace items can save an average of 60% off retail price. Take advantage of these deals and order today!
- Library: Perkins and Lilly Libraries are placing copies of textbooks for the Top 100 courses (by enrollment) on reserve. These books will be available to students for 3 hour loans. When possible the libraries will purchase e-books of this material as well. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or see Top Textbooks at Duke for details.
Note: More options and more convenience at the Duke University Textbook Store!