Our undergraduate certificate programs enable students to dive deeper and pursue advanced knowledge and skills in many of today’s most critical environmental topics. Certificate programs are offered as a complement to Nicholas students' main undergraduate degree program.
A six-course certificate program for Duke undergraduates interested in the breadth of issues that confront our society in its need for clean, affordable and reliable energy
A customizable certificate program for undergraduates designed to facilitate learning and research that confronts the interconnections between environmental, economic and social aspects of sustainability
Master's Certificate Programs
The 12 credit hour Climate Change Science and Applications certificate program brings together courses taught by many of the top experts on climate change science, policy and law at the Nicholas School and from across Duke's campus.
The Community-Based Environmental Management (CBEM) certificate program trains graduate students to become highly effective managers of CBEM programs and facilitators for communities wishing to improve the management of their own environment.
The Geospatial Analysis certificate program teaches GIS as a tool, not an end in itself, and promotes hands-on skill development that is applicable to almost all environmental science and management problems.
Doctoral Certificate Programs
Duke’s University Program in Integrated Toxicology and Environmental Health prepares students for research careers in environmental health and toxicology.
Additional Certificate Programs
These programs are offered in partnership with other Duke schools, centers, and departments.
- International Development Policy Certificate, Duke Center for International Development, Sanford School of Public Policy
- Global Health Graduate Certificate (open to master's and doctoral degree-seeking students), Duke Global Health Institute
- Graduate & Professional I & E Certificate, Duke Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Graduate Certificate in Latin American & Caribbean Studies, Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies
- Certificate in East Asian Studies, Asian Pacific Studies Institute
- Center for Slavic Eurasian, & East European Studies