Internships are an integral part of the Nicholas School educational experience and your professional development. Each summer, about 95% of our students engage in internships or summer research projects around the world, providing valuable opportunities to gain career-related experience and build a professional network.
- Find hundreds of internship postings on Duke Environment Career Link (Duke NetID required)
- Find tips and highlighted opportunities in our CareerWise Newsletter
- Nicholas School internship funding sources
There are many ways to build relationships with potential employers or engage in on-campus jobs and leadership opportunities during your time at the Nicholas School.
- Career Treks: allows small groups of students to travel to companies and organizations to learn from practicing professionals and gain insights into potential careers.
- Client-Based Courses & Master’s Projects: tackle real-world problems by serving as a student consultant through a client-based course or master’s project.
- Employer Engagement & Recruiting Events: meet employers face-to-face through networking events and career fairs held throughout the year.
- DukeList (Duke NetID required): find on-campus job, leadership, or volunteer opportunities.
Post-Graduation Jobs & Fellowships
The vast majority of our graduates enter full-time, permanent positions that are closely related to their degree. Some opt to build on their educational experience with post-graduation fellowship opportunities or additional advanced degrees. See our graduates’ employment statistics and success stories .