Ryan Emanuel is a hydrologist and community-engaged scholar from North Carolina. He studies ecohydrology, biogeosciences, environmental justice, and Indigenous rights. Emanuel leads a group of researchers and scholars who study water and watery places in North Carolina and beyond. His group also partners with Native American Tribes and other communities to understand environmental change through the lenses of environmental justice and Indigenous rights. Their work involves research, education, and relationship-building. Emanuel aims to amplify voices of Indigenous and other marginalized communities who shoulder disproportionate environmental burdens.
School DivisionEnvironmental Sciences & Policy
- Ph.D., University of Virginia (2007)
- The Science of the Total Environment 862, ( ): 160834
- Carbon Balance and Management 17, no. 1 ( ): 18
- Southern Cultures 28, no. 3 ( ): 48 - 69
- Water Resources Research 57, no. 12 ( ):
- Bioscience 71, no. 11 ( ): 1157 - 1170