MEM or MF & Master of Business Administration (MEM/MBA or MF/MBA)
Duke's concurrent MEM/MBA and MF/MBA program offerings are two of the most prestigious business and environment degree programs in the world, and are supported by resources at the Nicholas School of the Environment, Fuqua School of Business, and Duke's Center for Energy, Development, and the Global Environment (EDGE).
Students also have the option of concurrently completing an MEM/MBA or MF/MBA with UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School.
Why a Concurrent MEM/MBA or MF/MBA Degree?
Duke’s MEM/MBA and MF/MBA programs are highly customizable, allowing students the opportunity to draw on world-class resources across the entire Duke campus, including not only the Nicholas School and Fuqua, but also interdisciplinary resources like the Duke University Energy Initiative.
Concurrent degree students are fully immersed at both the Nicholas School and Fuqua during their time at Duke—when they graduate, they feel equally at home among CEOs and financial analysts as they are among scientists and policy makers—and establish careers with organizations like Tesla, Nike (Sustainable Business & Innovation group), GE Energy Ventures, Vestas, Pacific Gas & Electric, Amazon (sustainability department), and ClearPath Foundation.
MEM/MBA and MF/MBA students come to Duke with an incredible diversity of backgrounds and interests—from cleantech entrepreneurship to sustainable agriculture, corporate sustainability, impact investing, and many, many more. The MEM/MBA and MF/MBA community is truly a family, with alumni returning frequently to campus and life-long bonds forged through extracurricular, social, and experiential learning opportunities.
• See Student Profiles >
• For more information about policies and requirements, view the Nicholas-Fuqua Business & Environment Concurrent Degree Programs Student Handbook.
• Read more about Fuqua’s Center for Energy, Development, and the Global Environment (EDGE), which provides curricular, extracurricular, and experiential learning opportunities for MEM/MBAs.
• Connect with the MEM/MBA Student Club (for both MEM/MBAs and MF/MBAs).
• Connect with the Nicholas School Business and Environment Club-Net Impact.
• Read about Fuqua’s admissions requirements & application process.