Gaelin Rosenwaks, MEM'04
Gaelin founded a company that brings research science into homes and classrooms through film, photography, and writing. She is growing her connection by exhibiting multimedia work in the school's art gallery.
Patrick Bean, MEM'08
"A gift supporting financial aid provides an opportunity for exceptional students to study at the Nicholas School and become the environmental leaders of tomorrow."
Annual Reunion Weekend
Alums travel to Durham to reunite for the Nicholas School Reunion Weekend in April.
The Nicholas School hosts dozens of events, both stateside and internationally, to bring together alumni of different ages and career stages to connect professionally and personally. In addition to our annual alumni reunion on campus, regional groups and networking socials offer great ways to connect. To stay connected and hear about events, visit our news and events website, and be sure to register and update your information on the Duke Alumni Association (DAA) network.
Sharing your wisdom and experience with today’s Nicholas students and alumni is a valuable way for you to get involved and help prepare those following in your footsteps for professional leadership. Whether addressing a Nicholas class as a guest speaker, providing career advice to current students, or hosting an event in your community, you are sure to get as much, or more, out of the experience as the people you meet. Check out the list below for ideas on how you can help the Nicholas School grow.
Volunteer based on your interests
Fill out our volunteer interest survey to communicate your interests, and we will relay your name to to students, staff, faculty and university community members seeking alumni volunteers for their projects, programs and events.
- Host a class field trip
- Serve as a guest speaker/panelist
- Serve as a Masters Project client/class advisor
- Teach/lead/promote executive education courses
Recruitment and Outreach
- Assist with prospective student recruitment
- Assist with new student outreach
- Alumni-student mentorship program
- Connect with a student over the winter break
- Share career advice with students or alumni
- Represent your employer at a career fair
- Host a student tour of your workplace
- Share internship/job opportunities
From providing unrestricted support through the Nicholas School Annual Fund, to gifts to the Financial Aid Initiative, Student Enrichment Fund, or a professorship or program endowment, alumni giving is essential to help ensure a high level of valuable educational opportunities for our students. Not sure where to direct your support? Visit our Giving section for more ideas and information on how your gift will make an impact today!
Keep in Touch
- Contact the Nicholas School's Office of Development and Alumni Relations (ODAR) at 919-613-8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram
- Let your fellow alumni know what you've been up to